Working Remotely and Discontinuing Gatherings and In-Person Meetings
At Silver Lining Mentoring, we are deeply committed to protecting the health, safety, and well-being of our community and continuing to serve as strong allies for young people impacted by foster care.
We are taking the following steps to respond to COVID-19:
• We have encouraged our staff to work remotely.
• We are asking staff not to attend any in-person external meetings.
• We are not hosting events or group gatherings in or outside of the Silver Lining Mentoring office.
• During this period, we are exploring how to move as much of our programming online as possible.
• We are exploring how to continue to provide a sense of connection and belonging through virtual and online connections.
Our programming team is working on identifying strategies of providing effective match support and maintaining social connection – when physical connection is not possible, and they will be in touch with our mentor community with additional information in the coming days.